It’s tangy, it’s salty, it has zing! This little Greek omelette makes a delicious meal any time of day. The recipe makes a single omelette about the right size for a small stomach.
- 1 large, fresh, free-range, organic egg
- 1 teaspoon milk
- fresh black pepper
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 3 calamata olives, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Crack the egg into a bowl and add the milk and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper. Beat until the yolk and white are completely mixed.
- In a very small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Pour the egg mixture onto the melted butter.
- When the egg has bubbled and firmed some, but is still partly raw, sprinkle the cheese, olives, tomato, and scallion evenly on the egg.
- Use a spatula to fold the omelette in half. Cook for 45 seconds.
- Flip the folded omelette. Cook for 45 seconds.
- Remove from heat and serve.