Simple Egg and Cheese in a Ham Cup
This protein-packed little treat makes a delectable breakfast or any other meal. Vary the type of hams and cheeses per your taste and whims. From feta to Jarlsberg, from honey ham to smokier varieties, the simple flavors of this easy-bake dish are sure to please.
This recipe makes a single, small-tummy serving.
- a touch of cooking spray, butter, or margarine
- 1 slice deli ham
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cheese, diced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray or grease a 3-inch ramekin.
- Press the ham into the ramekin to create a “crust” for the cup.
- Sprinkle the diced cheese onto the bottom of the cup.
- Crack the egg over the cheese. Break the yolk or leave it intact per your preference.
- Add a dash of salt and a grind or two of black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve hot in the ramekin.