No-Sugar-Added Teriyaki Sauce
As a diabetic I am wary of all the sugar in teriyaki sauces. So I scoured no-sugar-added recipes, tried a few, made my own tweaks, and came up with this simple winner. It’s wonderful on tofu, salmon, shellfish, or any meat.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 1/2 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- Pour all the ingredients into a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir thoroughly and constantly with a whisk and the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat when it reaches your desired consistency.